Wednesday, October 14, 2009

MAKAILA THE CELEBRITY

I ALWAYS feel proud everytime people (including strangers) would tell us that our daughter is cute and bungisngis. Why not? She’s charming, sociable and not difficult to deal with. She's not iyakin - crying only for valid reasons: when she wants milk, bored or hurt. She’s happiest when she’s around people that unless you give her milk, she won't realize she's hungry. When we’re at the mall, she finds contentment by just looking around or at people’s faces and then smiling at them. Sabi ng iba, walang masamang gising kay MM. Sabi ni Doc, happy and contented baby sya.

During our recent trip abroad, I didn't expect she would exhibit such bubbliness that every person she sees whether for the first time or otherwise, she would flash her cute, gummy smile. One time at the MRT, 2 Chinese teenagers were talking and everytime they would laugh, MM would also laugh and babble, as if she’s part of their conversation. Tuwang tuwa yung dalawa sa kanya. Then another time, there's this old Chinese lady who sat beside us. When she glanced at M, my daughter instantly flashed a friendly smile at her. The old lady said, "Oh it's my lucky day. She smiled at me. Not all babies smile that instantly." Me, being the proud Mum answered back, "Oh yes, she’s very friendly."

If you’re going to ask me who did she inherit that trait from, definitely not me. I know I’m charming (oh, ‘wag ng kumontra) but I was never sociable. Probably from Dad.

At the Dolphin Lagoon in Sentosa, four Indian ladies approached me after the dolphin show and asked if they can take a picture of my daughter. Of course, I said yes. Hindi nakatiis yung isa, kinarga pa sya at napapicture with her. Before parting ways, they told me, “She's so cute!” I smiled. That's when my husband's cousins labeled her as a Bollywood actress.

The day before we left, one of our neighbors in Aloha, told  Momsy Zeny the same thing, “She’s so cute!” At kinarga din sya. Ni hindi man lang umiyak ang anak ko.

Sayang, forgot to take pictures of M with her fans. =)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment